Sunday, November 18, 2012

New Beginnings

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending."---Maria Robinson
       Sometimes it's hard to close the door on the past. Hurts we have not been healed of bring fear and resentment. Songs remind us of certain people and places. 
       Staying connected to things that are over and done with can have a great effect on our futures. Through all the mistakes and poor choices I have made in life, the thing that motivates me to keep moving is the thought of waking up one day and finding myself in the same old place of misery! I simply cannot not bear the thought of that.
       As history tells it, warriors of an ancient African tribe would not wish their enemies to fall at the hand of the sword; neither would they wish them to die of sickness. The most damaging pronouncement they would make over their enemies was that they would remain the same.....that they would never grow or progress in life. That was what they believed would surely cause them to die.
       Many of us are dying on the inside, simply because we are not progressing.....because we are prisoners to our past.
       The 10 lepers in II Kings had a choice. They could have continued to sit at the gate of Samaria, or they could have gotten up and gone into the city where there was famine. If they went into the city they would have been captured by the Syrian army and would have either been killed or their lives would have been spared. They looked at their choices and decided to get up and do something, because they finally realized they would surely die if they stayed where they were.
        I encourage you to get up and do something today. What's the alternative? If we're going to be miserable, we might as well be miserable doing something, right? Funny thing....I've discovered that every time I get up and do something, my misery always goes away.
        Don't sit there until you die. God has created you for a purpose, a purpose you can fulfill like no one else. You are in the driver's seat...you get to start a new chapter in your life today, without anyone's permission. New beginnings...
Scripture Links: II Kings 7:2-4Philippians 3:13-14
To Receive Jesus as Lord ad Savior:(Sinner's Prayer) Dear God, I am a sinner. I need a savior. I need Jesus. I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose on the third day. I ask Jesus now to come into my heart and to become Lord over my life. Satan has no more power over me. I say with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. Father, help me to live for you, and thank you for saving me. John 3:16.

To Rededicate Your Life to the Lord (after falling away):Dear Heavenly Father: I confess to you that I have sinned. You said if I confess my sin you are faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I turn away from sin and turn to you, and I ask you to forgive me. I forgive myself also. Father, thank you for forgiving me, remembering my sin no more and allowing me to have right standing with you again. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment