Monday, November 5, 2012

Don't Make Permanent Decisions With Temporary People

          A few of years ago I encouraged a group of high school graduates to watch their associations when they got to college. "Don't make permanent decisions with temporary people," I said.
       A "temporary" friend can be a one:
       1)  who may have a good heart but does not know enough
             about the Word of God to know how to behave;
       2)  who makes most of their decisions for personal gain and
             does not understand the importance of giving;
       3)  who does not have a history of demonstrated loyalty;
       4)  whose friendship is based only on your status or what you
            can do for them
       Temporary friends come in many forms. Some can "front" for a while, and a little time may pass before their true nature surfaces.  Others will own up to who they are, but if we become emotionally involved with them in one way or another we may simply ignore what they are saying.
      Several years ago someone who was trying to tell me who he was said to me, "Believe what I say."  Because I had my head in the clouds and wanted him to be someone he did not represent at that time, I ignored what was in front of me.
       Unfortunately, if we don't wake up, our involvement with temporary people can cause us to make life-altering decisions. God tells us think about the paths we place our feet on and consider the ways we are going. 
       His wisdom will always tell us what to do, where to go and who to go with. His ways are ways of peace. God is the most permanent, consistent person we will ever know, so if we will listen to Him today, He can certainly help us avoid the pitfalls of life.
 Scripture Links:  Proverbs 4:26Haggai 1:7Proverbs 4:7Proverbs 3:16-18
To Receive Jesus as Lord ad Savior:(Sinner's Prayer) Dear God, I am a sinner. I need a savior. I need Jesus. I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose on the third day. I ask Jesus now to come into my heart and to become Lord over my life. Satan h; as no more power over me. I say with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. Father, help me to live for you, and thank you for saving me. John 3:16.

To Rededicate Your Life to the Lord (after falling away):Dear Heavenly Father: I confess to you that I have sinned. You said if I confess my sin you are faithful and just to forgive me and to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I turn away from sin and turn to you, and I ask you to forgive me. I forgive myself also. Father, thank you for forgiving me, remembering my sin no more and allowing me to have right standing with you again. In Jesus' name, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment