Sunday, April 1, 2012

"Where the Mind Goes the Man Will Follow"

         Have you ever wondered why you and a certain person always seem to bump heads? That person could be a spouse or a child, a co-worker or a friend. No matter how hard you try, he always seems to 'hit a nerve' in you (or you in him) each time you communicate. 
       What are your thoughts about this person? Most of the time we can't control negative actions toward people because we have not controlled our thoughts. A well-known minister said, "Where the mind goes the man will follow." Your dominant thoughts about people will always take you in the direction of the thought. So, if you're thinking anger, resentment, disappointment or disgust about someone, then guess what's going to come out of your mouth when you are around him? Nothing good!
       Satan is crafty. He knows our strengths, but he also knows our weaknesses. If he sees us struggling in a particular area, he will subtly and little by little use the power of suggestion through us, or the other person, to create division. We've got to know who our enemy is. It is not people. We are in a war with satan and the rulers of darkness. The good news, though, is that we are on the winning side.
       There is something good about everybody. When we seek to find the good in others and keep it in the forefront of our minds, our communication can be positive and uplifting to others. It is then that we will begin to be conformed to image of our Creator, and people will automatically be drawn to the Jesus in us. It will produce life and peace in our relationships.
       Choose today to think on things that are true, honest, just, lovely and of good report. Then you won't have to relinquish your 'last nerve' to anyone!


Scripture Links:
II Corinthians 10:4-5 Romans 12:2; Philippians 4:8;
To Receive Jesus as Lord and Savior:
(Sinner's Prayer) Dear God, I am a sinner. I need a savior. I need Jesus. I believe Jesus died for my sins and rose on the third day. I ask Jesus now to come into my heart and to become Lord over my life. Satan has no more power over me. I say with my mouth that Jesus is Lord. Father, help me to live for you, and thank you for saving me. John 3:16.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Treva,
    I am so excited to visit/join your blog. Thank you for admonishing us to be careful of our thoughts. It is definitely a timely message for me personally. I look forward to reading more truth-laden morsels.
    Your friend,
    Jacquelyn (aka Warrior of the Word)

    ReplyDelete